THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
COMPLETE ASSEMBLY/LONG BLOCK
NEW AND REMANUFACTURED MARINE ENGINES (New and Remanufactured) are warranted for a period of twelve  months from the date of the invoice with unlimited hours for pleasure craft, and six  months or 500 hours for commercial use.
NEW AND REMANUFACTURED MARINE PERFORMANCE ENGINES (New and Remanufactured) are warranted on a start-up basis only against manufactured defects.
RACE AND/OR HOT ROD APPLICATIONS are excluded from any and all warranty coverage regardless of cause.
(A) Warranty service is available by calling 1-800-811-9328 Monday through Friday during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. No repair of the product will be covered by this warranty without the specific prior knowledge and consent of Eagle Engine. Return of defect shall be made to Eagle within thirty (30) days of discovery and prior to the expiration of the warranty.
(B) Eagle will, at its option, repair, replace or refund any Eagle product which is determined to be defective in material or workmanship, upon receipt of product, via pre-paid shipment to: Eagle Engine Sales, Inc.
(C) Eagle’s liability under this limited warranty, for the cost of labor for removal and reinstallation of any engine which is found to be defective in material or workmanship and which is repaired or replaced is limited to the labor expense determined from hours at flat rate of $50.00 per hour. Eagle’s liability for parts replacement is limited to only jobber cost of parts (i.e. gasket kit, oil pump, etc.). In no event shall the total amount of labor cost exceed $500.00. A $100.00 crane allowance will be allowed on cabin cruisers 24 feet or longer, in addition to the limitation of labor costs.
(D) This warranty is also expressly in lieu of all other obligations or liabilities, including liability for indirect incidental, consequential or special damages or any other economic loss with respect to the sale or use of the items warranted. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or exclusions may not apply to you.
(E) This warranty does not apply to normal maintenance or adjustments, normal wear due to working conditions, failure of associated parts, components and assemblies not included in the sale of the product, products which have been damaged by improper installation, accident, misuse, or neglect or which have been repaired or altered by someone other than Eagle Engine or its authorized representative, or to products used outside specified application including marine, stationary uses, propane conversion, or to products which are not operated in accordance with the printed instructions of seller or which have been operated beyond the rated capacity of the product; or to products damaged by overheating and/or improper lubrication.
(F) This warranty is a fully integrated document consisting of the entire scope of the warranty to original purchaser and no agent, employee or representative of seller has any authority to bind seller to any affirmation, representation or warranty concerning the products unless said affirmation, representation or warranty is specifically included within this document. There shall be no oral modifications to this warranty and any legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY
(1) Shop supplies used in performing warranty work (i.e. rags, sealants, lubricants, etc.).
(2) Incidental and consequential damages (storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience or loss of time or income).
(3) Minor adjustments and tune-ups; including checking, cleaning or adjusting spark plugs, carburetor setting, filters, belts, controls and checking lubrication.
(4) Failure caused by neglect, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operation, improper installation, improper preparation, improper winterization, improper dealer set-up or improper service or normal wear and tear.
(5) Haul-out, launch, towing charges; removal and/or replacement of boat partitions or material because of boat design for necessary access to the product.
(6) Transportation charges and/or travel time.
(7) Service requested by customer other than that necessary to satisfy the warranty obligation.
(8) Use of other than Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. authorized replacement parts and labor to install these parts when making warranty repairs.
(9) Oil, lubricants or fluids used in normal maintenance.
(10) Participation in or preparing for racing or other competitive activity.
(11) Starter motors and/or armatures or field coil assembly, which are damaged from excessive cranking, condensation, or submersion.
(12) Water entering the engine via the intake or exhaust system or submersion.
(13) Use of fuels and lubricants that are not suitable for use with or on the product.
(14) Failure of any parts caused by lack of cooling water, which results from starting motor out of water or foreign materials blocking intake passages.
(15) Air freight, next-day or second-day air, or any special delivery fees, unless authorized by Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. prior to ordering of parts.
(16) Certain parts may be tested on receipt by Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. Parts found to be free of defects will be returned to the dealer and no credit will be issued. If the part has already been credited, the dealer account will be debited.
ENGINE OIL REQUIREMENTS
Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. recommends Pennzoil Marine 15W-40 Marine Oil. If Pennzoil is not available, any 15W40 oil meeting the API specifications of SJ/CH4/CG4 is acceptable. If engine is to be used in conditions below 20°F (-7°C) use 10W30 API SJ/CD motor oil.
Synthetic oil that meets our requirements of 15W40 SJ/CH4/CG4 is acceptable to use after 100 hours of operation with the recommended conventional oil. The use of synthetic oil does not change the requirement of 50 hour oil change intervals.
EAGLE ENGINE SALES, INC. GENUINE MARINE ENGINES
Recommended initial start-up and break in procedures
Before Initial Start-up
1. Prime Oil Pump (see enclosed).
2. Check Oil level.
3. Check Fuel quality and prime the system to avoid unnecessary cranking.
4. Be sure the distributor is properly installed and the timing has been statically set to minimize cranking during initial start-up.
Initial start-up (prior to installation in the boat)
1. Verify proper oil pressure.
2. Verify proper cooling/water flow. Cooling system must be bled of all air prior to operation.
3. Check ignition timing. Set engine speed to 1,500 r.p.m. for a period of 15 minutes, to insure proper break-in of the camshaft and valve train.
4. Check for possible water, oil or fuel leaks (prior to installation in boat).
Engine break-in period
The break-in period of your Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. engine is the first 25 hours of operation. Proper engine break-in is essential to achieve maximum performance and longevity. During the break-in period, the following guidelines must be followed.
1. Do not operate the engine below 1,500 r.p.m. for extended periods of time for the first 10 hours of operation.
2. Do not operate the engine at any one speed for extended periods of time.
3. Do not exceed 3/4 throttle during the first 10 hours of operation. During the next 15 hours, intermittent periods of no more than 5 minutes maximum of wide-open throttle are acceptable.
4. Avoid full throttle acceleration from idle speed.
5. Allow engine to come to full operating temperature before operating at full throttle.
6. Be sure the engine is able to obtain the rated r.p.m. at wide open throttle. Over or under propping will cause severe damage and shorten engine life. Check the manufacture recommendation for this specification.
Recommended 25-Hour Inspection
After the first 25 hours of operation, it is recommended that your Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. marine engine be given an inspection. You should make an appointment with your dealer to perform the necessary checks and adjustments to ensure proper engine performance. The following maintenance should be performed.
1. Change oil and filter.
2. Ignition Systems inspected adjust timing and verify ignition advance at wide open throttle.
3. Check carburetor adjustments.
4. Check engine alignment.
5. Inspect accessory drive belts and tension.
6. Check all fluids.
7. Check throttle and shift cable adjustments and check the ease of movement.
8. Inspect the cooling system; check all hoses and hose clamps.
9. Inspect the entire Exhaust System for leaks, damage, deterioration, or restrictions.
10. Inspect the entire engine for loose, missing, or damaged parts. Pay close attention to the engine mounts, alternator, and mounting fasteners.
Note: Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the costs related to the 25-hour inspection. This is the customer’s responsibility.
REMANUFACTURER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITY:
The liability of re-manufacturer under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of defective parts or workmanship, except as otherwise may be provided by applicable state law, re-manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, or for any service not expressly provided for herein, relating to or arising from failure of the engine or its internal parts.
PURCHASER’S RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE EVENT OF ANY ENGINE PROBLEM WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD:
(A) WHO TO CONTACT: Contact the seller of the engine. The seller is the administrator of the warranty and will contact the remanufacturer. You will be referred back to your installer or to a repair facility. (The seller is the business from which the engine was purchased.) If you are in another town or state, likewise contact the seller. You will be directed to an approved repair facility near you.
(B) PRIOR APPROVAL: All warranty repairs, including any replacement parts or labor charges, must have prior approval of remanufacturer. It is the seller’s responsibility to contact the remanufacturer in event of a warranty problem. Your failure to contact the seller to obtain prior approval for any warranty repair will void the owner’s warranty.
(C) RETURN OF PARTS: Claims for repair work must be substantiated with defective parts and work order. Upon arrival at remanufacturer’s factory, all claimed defective merchandise is inspected. Credit will be allowed providing that the engine or part is defective in material and/or workmanship—and is within the warranty period.
(D) AUTHORIZED REPAIRS: Any repair that has been authorized by Eagle Engine Sales, Inc. must be guaranteed by the dealer making the repair. Repairs or replacement does not extend the warranty period beyond the time period of the original purchase.
Should you encounter a problem in the administration of your warranty, call our Customer Service Department for assistance. Our Toll-Free number is 1-800-811-9328. Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please have the following information ready: Engine Part Number, Production Number, Installation Date, Hours on engine in use and nature of problem.
275 Commonwealth Drive
Carol Stream, Illinois 60188
(630) 462-0999 • FAX: (630) 462-1128